NVIDIA releases driver and firmware update tool for Resizable BAR support
NVIDIA has delivered on its promise to enable ResizableBAR on GeForce RTX 30 graphics cards by end of March.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 graphics cards will now support ReBAR, thanks to the manufacturer’s effort and collaboration with AMD and Intel (as well as many motherboard vendors). ReBAR support requires compatible hardware, the latest driver (456.89+), and graphics card firmware to be updated.
ReBAR on GeForce RTX 30 graphics cards can boost performance up to 12%, NVIDIA claims. Of course, this is just a cherry-picked number that NVIDIA is using for marketing purposes. Gamers however should expect at least 5%+ performance uplift with RTX 3080 at 1440p resolution.
NVIDIA ReBAR Game Support
NVIDIA has extended the support for ReBAR in new games. The list of supported games has visibly grown since the last update. There are currently 17 titles that support ReBAR and NVIDIA confirms that more titles will be added with new drivers in the future.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Battlefield V
- Borderlands 3
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Death Stranding
- DIRT 5
- F1 2020
- Forza Horizon 4
- Gears 5
- Hitman 2
- Hitman 3
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Metro Exodus
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Watch Dogs Legion
How to enable ResizableBAR on GeForce RTX 30 graphics cards
GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card does not require any changes, this was the only model that received ReBAR support out of the box. Other graphics cards, however, will require firmware updates. If you own NVIDIA Founders Edition, then you are required to download a special tool directly from NVIDIA. Those who own partner (AIC) cards will need to go to their websites and find the tool that works for their graphics cards.
- Confirm you have a compatible CPU & CPU chipset and motherboard (see list below)
- Update your motherboard SBIOS, if required, by installing an update from the manufacturer. Then enable Resizable BAR support in your motherboard’s BIOS interface
- Update to the latest GeForce Game Ready Driver (version 465.89 WHQL at the time of writing, released March 30th, 2021), or a later version
- If you have a GeForce RTX 3060, you’re good to go. If you have a GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 3070, 3080, or 3090, then you may require an updated VBIOS
- If you have a Founders Edition graphics card from NVIDIA, get your VBIOS update tool directly from NVIDIA website. If you have a custom partner card, get the update tool from their site (see list below)
- Verify Resizable BAR is enabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel or TechPowerUP GPU-Z
|AMD Chipsets||AMD CPU Series||Intel Chipsets||Intel CPU Series|
|AMD 400 Series (on motherboards with AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 5xxx CPU support)||AMD Zen3 (Ryzen 5000)||Z490||All 11th Gen chipsets available as of March 30th, 2021|
|AMD 500 Series||H470||Intel 10th Gen|
ResizableBAR Firmware Update Tool download links: