Indie horror hit Phasmophobia has just gotten a new update and it’s introduced some much-needed tweaks and fixes.
In case you’re not aware, Phasmophobia is one of a number of indie games which have blown up in popularity in 2020. Following in the steps of Fall Guys and Among Us, Phasmophobia is an online co-op that’s perfect to play with friends. You won’t be controlling any colourful bean-like characters here though, as Phasmophobia is more likely to get you screaming in fear rather than screaming at Big Yeetus.
Phasmophobia is a four-player online psychological horror in which you and your team use ghost hunting equipment to gather as much evidence as you can. Spooks are abound in this one, and it’s become a firm favourite for players the whole world over. Currently, the game has a 10/10 rating on Steam, which should give you an idea of just how beloved this title is.
“You will use your ghost hunting equipment to search for and record evidence of whatever ghost is haunting the location to sell onto a ghost removal team,” explains the game’s description.
“You can choose to support your team by monitoring the location with CCTV cameras and motion sensors from the safety of the truck or head inside and get your hands dirty with the ghostly activity that will get increasingly hostile as time goes on.”
Phasmophobia is still in Early Access, with tweaks and patches coming from its solo developer, Kinetic Games. The new patch has fixed a number of issues plaguing gamers, including lowering the pitch of the EMF Reader sound, lowering the amount of sanity that you lose during a ghost event and updated localisation.
Meanwhile, a host of new fixes to prevent game crashes are now live, meaning you should now have a more reliable experience. You can check out the latest update notes for Phasmophobia right here, but some of the highlights are as follows:
* Ghost writing will now count for photo evidence.
* The lobby room list will no longer show empty or full rooms.
* Lowered the amount of sanity that you lose during a ghost event.
* The Ghost Orb and Bone will now spawn more towards the middle of the room.
* If your voice recognition stops working the Spirit Box will default to giving a random response by talking.
* The room temperature will no longer raise over time if the ghost leaves the room.
* Most of the save data has been moved off of the save file to help with optimisation and help prevent save files getting corrupted when you crash.
* The server invite code will now always be hidden by default.
Find out more and add Phasmophobia to your Steam library here!
Want to see more from GameByte?
Featured Image Credit: Kinetic Games