There’s no such thing as a perfect job, but being a dog-sitter comes pretty close. Not only do you get to spend your day with adorable pals, but you also get to experience the joy of caring for a canine companion. A Shiba Story is a game that transforms the idea of being a dog-sitter into a wholesome, narrative experience.
If you’ve ever seen the Richard Gere film Hachi: A Dog’s Tale, then you’ll know what to expect from this wonderful indie title.
A Shiba Story has players taking care of their Uncles’ Shiba Inu during a Sunday filled with stubborn shenanigans. Here’s a synopsis for the game, along with some included features.
“A Shiba Story is a game about everyday life with a Shiba Inu. Play as a rookie dogsitter who’s asked to care for Sunday, a Shiba Inu so proud he refuses to be pet. Can you win his friendship?“
- Enjoy everyday life with a Shiba Inu
- Become a Shiba Sage! Learn to read Sunday’s mood from tail wags, ear wiggles and barks
- Feed, groom, play fetch, and more as you make memories together
- Earn Sunday’s trust to get him to do new tricks like running or wearing silly hats
- Explore a neighborhood based on real San Francisco locales
- Experience a comedic and nostalgic story about the ups and downs of dog ownership
- Meet and play with other dogs (and maybe even a cat)
- You can pet the dog, but you have to work for it
If anything, A Shiba Story is a reminder that dogs are just as much hard work as they are rewarding. While the game’s pedigree pal is enough reason to play, it also has a gorgeous art style straight out of a storybook.
A Shiba Story is set for a 2021 release on Steam, so it won’t be long before you can live out your dog-sitting fantasies! Wishlist it today!
Featured Image Credit: Foxdog Farms